Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better total health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of genuine animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to say– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another with no gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks that assert that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start using much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging and licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort saved since you won’t need to routinely see PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash gradually and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness issues and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog wonderful grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?