Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual pet protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another with no gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks who claim that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply chose to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t promptly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and effort saved given that you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can likewise mean less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash with time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of exploring and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog excellent grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?