Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, as well as much better general wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have actually formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just decided to start using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all general signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t immediately observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his damaging and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and needs of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not need to regularly visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash in time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, owners of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?