Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of real animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that many pets that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to say– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more with no progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question people who declare that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was at first a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to begin using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any kind of type of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and scraping . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and initiative saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally indicate less trips to the vet’s office, saving major cash over time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health problems and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog great grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, owners of canines who are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can also obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?