Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and also far better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine animal protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have actually previously suffered some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– simply a good justification to finish off the gelato), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– truly, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also wet , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to start using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, boosted power and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I see any type of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not quickly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not require to routinely go to PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health problems and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting and reviewing on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise obtain fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?