Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and far better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real animal healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that many dogs that have formerly endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people who assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have testified to discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t promptly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative conserved considering that you will not need to regularly see PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money with time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may relieve some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog wonderful grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t neglect, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?