Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, as well as far better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual animal healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous pets that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to say– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question folks that assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever earned any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually born witness observing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, improved power and– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I observe any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t right away see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his itchiness.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort saved given that you will not need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash money over time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not need careful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth assessing as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?