Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also much better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have actually formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to state– really, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals who declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and also sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking as well as scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and also initiative saved considering that you will not require to regularly go to PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash money over time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might ease some wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, owners of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying and examining on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can also obtain great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?