Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and better overall health for their pets.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of real animal protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that several pets that have previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– actually, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another with no steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried about changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to start using more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and effort conserved because you won’t need to routinely see PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise imply less trips to the vet’s office, saving major cash with time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying as well as evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, and it feels like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?