Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, as well as better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have actually formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, enhanced power and– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t immediately notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and needs of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also initiative conserved given that you won’t need to regularly go to PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash money gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some wellness concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many challenge toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining as well as attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?