Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also far better total health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that lots of pets that have previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– actually, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks who declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to observing a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I observe any type of sort of change in Remy? I did see a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will trying out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also initiative saved since you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and also reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can also obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?