Where Is Ollie Pet Food Made
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, as well as much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of real pet protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that many pet dogs that have actually previously endured some belly problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– actually, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks who declare that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to begin utilizing much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t right away see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scratching and licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it is worth considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort saved given that you won’t need to routinely visit PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also imply less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving severe money in time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a try if you desire to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting and reviewing on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can also obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?